tkd

tkd
1Q84 World. 5/2015

Friday, July 26, 2013

Dream About a Friend

Now I know I often post my dreams here but they are all dreams that really made an impact on me. Real vivid ones that I could still recall even after months.

Yesterday night my dream, for reasons unknown, starred one of my friends who I mainly spent my time with last summer. She was a college student, two or three years my senior. The girl who I owed 67 pushups but never actually did. The girl who I gave my phiten necklace to. We spent a many days and nights talking about our lives, bumming out on the streets while taking in the evening breeze. But fast forward to this summer and we haven't even spoken a word to each other. If by chance she stumbles upon this post, I dedicate this to her, just because of the dream I had. You know who you are.


So it went like this.


I think I was at a mall. Now of course, it's a dream so I don't know the specifics. Just a modern mall. I was ensconced in a sofa in some kind of bookstore, studying some document. When I took a break from reading and took my eyes away from the paper I saw at a distance the girl eating with a friend I knew at some kind of diner. They were sitting at the bar, their chairs were facing my direction. The friend she was eating with I knew pretty well; we were coworkers at one point. He had a medium build with sharp eyes shaped like a flying saucer. At first I doubted that was her, eating with him, but it was them all right. I stared at them for a while, and finally her eyes met mine. However her reaction didn't change a bit. Not even a flinch. No wave, no smile. She remained in her composure, continuing to bite off of her chicken stick, all the while the guy talking to her. And it was a scornful look, as if to question why I was there. 

I got up and walked out of the mall and entered an apartment building into one of the hallways. God only knew why. It's dark, the lights dimmed. Different doors leading to different rooms. The rubbish room door in the corner and the door leading to the stairs next to it. A typical apartment hallway. For some reason I began to walk straight, destination unknown. I didn't even live there. Didn't have any key to any room so it was rather pointless. But while walking I felt a human spirit looming somewhere close. I was definitely not alone. Someone was there. I stopped and looked behind. A girl with a black sleeveless shirt, shorts, and a Longchamp slung over her shoulder was walking the opposite direction from me, her back facing my direction. The same attire I saw her wearing at the diner. It was her, I rasped. Slowly I decided to tail her, wondering where she was going. She didn't live in this part of the town so why was she here? I thought. Not even her friend that she was eating with lived in this area. Maybe visiting one of their friend's and I happened to coincidentally come to the same apartment building in the same floor. I made small steps, one by one. And after a while, the face of the same friend she was with earlier popped out from her neck. His face, no doubt. Those sharp, flying saucer pairs of eyes. His entire body then all of a sudden slimed out of from her neck, squirming out like an earthworm. He fell straight down and lay flat on his stomach then slowly got up and gave me an evil smirk. Realizing my presence, she turned around and gave me the same scornful look from before, with no word, no reaction, nothing. The boy didn't even say anything either. Two pairs of eyes pointing my direction in silence. The boy eventually led us all outside. I decided to follow them for some strange reason. The boy walking a few steps ahead of us. Meanwhile the girl and I were walking at the same pace however several feet away from each other. None of us said a word. In fact, the entire dream had no dialogue. 

We eventually entered a bubble tea cafe, and we sat down. None of us had bubble tea. We just sat down and I forgot what happened after that..

But then it continued from there. The next day I was back alone leisurely walking around the street with my iced coffee and take out from McDonald's and while waiting at the red light, a silver convertible drove by and there I saw the same girl and boy. The roof open. The boy driving. Both wearing sunglasses. They never saw me but I saw them. And it was them all right. My mouth was wide agape as I stared at the car zooming by until I lost sight of it. I didn't even notice that I had dropped my iced coffee. 


The dream ends there.


No comments: