tkd

tkd
1Q84 World. 5/2015

Friday, October 2, 2015

Where do you want to be right now? Or, strictly speaking, what is your ideal date?

I want to be in a lot of places at the same time right now. After a while you get tired of living on campus. There's not much to do, and a lot of the places are closed. The campus gets dead on the weekends. So where do I want to be? I want to rent a car and drive around a scenic road in the countryside. Perhaps I take a girl with me. We both feel the autumn breeze, and gaze at the golden autumn leaves. In the evening we head to a drive-in movie theater and watch a movie. In the night we enjoy a few cocktails while listening to some live jazz at a tucked-away bar. That's the ideal date. Maybe somewhere in Boston. 

Why not at the town you reside now?

You know that is an option, but it just limits the possibilities because it's rural. If we were in the city, there would be so many things to do, but here I am in a town where you couldn't get anywhere without a bus. And the bus gets overwhelmingly crowded during the weekends. Literally it's a mosh pit full of students getting on. It's stressful. Good luck on a Friday night. 

I can't go anywhere outside of campus without some form of transportation. I'm not used to this.. the nearest deli is miles away from here. 

What is your type?

I tend to like the girl-next-door type but with a sprinkle of sass and toughness. 

Describe a typical day

I get up rather early, around nine. I eat breakfast, attend class, lunch, and then attend my remaining classes. I always end at 5:35. After that I eat dinner around 6:30-7, then attend taekwondo. I shower, do my work, and sleep. 


No comments: