tkd

tkd
1Q84 World. 5/2015

Sunday, November 7, 2010

NYC Marathon preview

I feel like my body's weak. Every five minutes, I have the urge to blow my nose. I felt like I had a cold last week. I got better, but felt like I got a cold again. What the hell.

Tomorrow is the NYC Marathon (technically today). Thousands of competitive runners gather along to run 26 miles across the five boroughs of the city. These runners have trained diligently to best focus on their goal: to finish strongly along with self-pride. Certain celebrities/public figures also are up for the challenge, namely the Chilean miner who was rescued just recently. Marathon officials invited Edison Pena, the Chilean miner, to observe the marathon or host the finish line tape, but they never expected him to race. Recent reporters have stated that Pena trained, running at least three miles when he was trapped underground in the mines while listening to Elvis Presley on his ipod. His eagerness and the strength he shows is an honor to the Marathon community.

No comments: