tkd

tkd
1Q84 World. 5/2015

Monday, June 18, 2012

Some more graduation reflections


Now that I graduated, everything feels weird.

What if somebody suddenly said, “You have now officially graduated from the school you have been attending for 14 years?”

My eyes slightly watered when I was standing on the stage amongst my peers, the audience cheering us on while Edgar’s Pomp and Circumstance was playing. That was when I really felt that I was graduating.

The moment the ceremony finished and I greeted my teachers and classmates, nothing seemed to be happening. This was it, I said, but my conscious could not accept it. Presents, hugs, tears, laughs. Everyone was here just for us. So many past memories popped up the more I thought about the school, and finally journeying off to a new world was so unbearable in my heart. The greatest moments would randomly flash back into my mind bits by bits, nostalgia attacking me in every way possible.

My mind turned blank for the longest time in years when I came home. I lay down on my bed but I couldn’t close my eyes. I tried exercising, eating, but my feelings wouldn’t change. I was utterly lost, and, at that time, nothing could turn it back the way it was.

“There you have your 14 years,” someone said out of the blue.

I looked around but nobody was there.

It’s all finally over, I said.

And it wasn’t a dream.

Thank you all. High school is past. I am off to a new world.



No comments: