tkd

tkd
1Q84 World. 5/2015

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Snow day was today-- I mean, uh, yesterday. Spent the day mostly indoors, writing and reading. Around six I headed to the dining hall, which was moderately packed with students. I had some vegetarian minestrone soup, salad topped with tuna, tomatoes, and black olives drenched in lite balsamic vinaigrette, two chicken wraps, spaghetti mixed with Alfredo sauce and broccoli, meatloaf, and cantaloupes and a slice of pear for dessert. I actually ate as much as a horse without even realizing it merely because I basically skipped lunch. Ended up eating with a friend I often bumped into whenever I ate at this dining hall.

On the way back I managed to catch the shuttle bus back. The snow had subsided. I had lost my earphones at some point once again, and I was for a few days, devoid of music flowing in my veins.

In general the school life was very bland. I only knew a limited number of people on campus. I met the same people in and out. But just recently I met three students from China at some social event. They spoke in broken but understandable English, and we talked for a good hour or so about just who the hell we were and what we did. In the end I happened to get a ride back home.



No comments: