tkd

tkd
1Q84 World. 5/2015

Sunday, December 16, 2012

College Life 4

"Already?" she said.
"That's right," I replied. "My roommate left and is transferring to another school next semester."
"So you're all alone now hunh."
"I guess for now."
She half-smiled.
"The roommate that loved everything Disney related and ritually watched an episode of Friends on repeat every time he slept."
"And now he is not there," she said.
"And now he is not there," I repeated her words.
"Don't worry," she put her hand over mine. "I'll be there for youuu!!"
"Funny. That's already stuck in my head."
"Why don't you give it a listen? His TV is gone you know!" she playfully remarked.

Back in the dorm I worked on my take home final, intently working on the essay portions. On the speaker system I played Nishino Kana's I'll Be There and imagined the girl I had lunch with earlier sing the song. Somehow it was pleasing to the senses.

No comments: