tkd

tkd
1Q84 World. 5/2015

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013 reflections

2013 winds down to a close, as I take some moments to look back and see what I've done. 2013 was a long year for me. January 2013 I was still at my previous college stressing out about sending in applications for transferring. The entire process took me about a couple months and finally, acceptance letters came and I decided then that I was officially going to transfer.

And I remember telling my friends. Most of them were indifferent and understood my decision. Telling the taekwondo club was difficult, as I was the president and set a mission statement/goal to transform the curriculum to make it more rigorous and challenging in the hope of sending members to state and local tournaments. It was an opportunity for me to lead the club and revamp it; to improve the club so that all members could undoubtedly say that they started from the bottom and now they are here. But it had to cut short, as I declared to the group that I was going to transfer. The few professors and students that were in the club felt dejected and for some time, seemed as if they lost all hope. As if they longed for summer when it was already winter. Nothing could be done.

So there I was as I packed my belongings on the spring of 2013 when my freshman year was finished. I  took one last look at the campus and never looked back.


Those were the first few months of 2013. Then summer arrived, where I did nothing but take a few driving courses, visit a lot of vintage bookstores to catch my eyes on rare books, work out, and dream.

As fall winded down, I attended the school that I had transferred to and immediately made some friends. Even made a girlfriend which I appreciate from the bottom of my heart and can be considered a life event. Had I didn't transfer I would not have met her. She is a gift that the college brought me.

2013 was a long year but well worth the effort. Onwards to 2014!


No comments: