tkd

tkd
1Q84 World. 5/2015

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

LA

I'm back from LA and already longing for its enviable weather. As soon as I got outside I am instantly greeted with chilly winds in the teens. In addition we got remnants of snow here and there from the supposed blizzard that swept the city a couple of days ago. In other words I go from sunny, summer-like weather to literal , chilly winter, as if I time traveled from summer to winter.

As a first time LA visitor, I enjoyed the trip. Went to a Lakers game, took a stroll on Hollywood Boulevard, and hung out at the nostalgic Santa Monica beach/pier with my mom, taking in the shimmering oceans and the fancy hotels and houses.
Sometimes I'd see some strange occurances that I feel that I could only observe in LA. One is the fact that there is so many extra space here, from building interiors to the streets and roads. Because LA is not as densely populated as NYC and many choose to drive as their main commute, not so many people are always walking down the street, even on weekends, except for homeless men who frequently ask you for some change more than in NYC. Thus store employees are seen working with little to no customers as they play their music of choice on the speaker systems. I heard once a Mexican, fiesta-like song in one store and an Arabic song in another. Interesting.

Overall though this was a blast. And seeing those palm trees stand tall while taking in the Hollywood sign was something I've always wanted to do. Thank you, mom :)




No comments: