tkd

tkd
1Q84 World. 5/2015

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

First XC and Cupcake

Attended the first cross country practice... in the rain!

Just being inside the school reminds me of another--actually the last-- school year. The atmosphere full of students, new students, teachers, and parents. Orientations going around, undifferentiated blabbering noises in the lobby. A fresh start. I was training in the stairs, while occasionally stopping and saying hello to teachers. Running up the stairs reminds me of climbing up the steep steps of Diamond Head in Waikiki.

It's tiring if you run up the stairs for a while, working out all of your leg muscles. But the less you think about the pain, the more faster and easier it is for you to reach the top, it seems. Like the Marines or the Army said, "pain is weakness coming out of the body."

When I'm running I think about absolutely nothing. It's not like I want to; I can't. Your mind is focused on running that you can't really think of anything else. If you are, that means you aren't trying your hardest. It's like your body controls you, and when you reach the finish line and slow down, you come back to the real world and you start to control your body.

Oh, by the way, not to cut off this little thing about running here, but I ate an Oreo cupcake yesterday(^^)


No comments: