tkd

tkd
1Q84 World. 5/2015

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Was Sick

I've been sick for the past week, and now I'm finally feeling a little better. My throat started to feel a little funky last Friday, and then the symptoms got worse. After the sore throat, I started to get a runny nose, then a 101 fever, then coughs.

Still, last Monday evening, I took a practice test when I had a runny nose, which was not pleasant. This was when I got even more sick. I checked my temperature when I got home and it was a shocking 101. I immediately went to sleep. I changed into at least three shirts during the night because I was sweating profusely.

Tuesday morning came and my mom and I vacillated on whether or not I would go to school. In fact, I have never missed a day of school since seventh grade. But... in this case, I think I might just have to. I thought. "Don't think about your streak when you're actually sick," my mom said. I was actually thinking about not going. I even dreamed about it that Monday night. Would the teachers be shocked? How would I catch up on my classes? I thought.

Eventually I went to school and although I was feeling a little gloomy, I was able to bear. I even had my first meet that day, which didn't really turn out so great. The night I got back, I had a 101 fever again.

I slept around 10 and hoped that I would get better the next day. I did, but coughs have come!

Then I got better as the days went on, with only occasional coughs. I still have a stuffy nose.

I haven't been sick for a long time. So long ago that I missed what it felt like being sick! For some reason being legitimately sick reminded me of my childhood when I was shivering in the sheets for warmth.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aahhh, get better soon!