tkd

tkd
1Q84 World. 5/2015

Thursday, August 30, 2012

LAST day at office

Thurs 8/30-
It was my last day at the office that I have been working at since late April. It has been a real pleasure working at the office; countless number of memories to name, bits and pieces of them jumping around in my mind. I'll always remember my 1pm to 6pm work shift, supervisors complaining that I eat lunch almost everyday at the office not working, taping posters on neighborhood store windows, knocking on residents' doors to remind them about the assemblywoman I support for, some of which I could not complete until 9 pm, phone-banking, and those days where we volunteers just chilled out and played catch with a freaking hacky sack. 

Furthermore (LOL it seems like I'm writing an essay... ahh those days), I will miss those days where I would sip that bubble tea or munch down that Lo Mein while asking passersby whether they want to register to vote. I would oftentimes come back with very few registrations. Also, I will remember the time I got caught slacking off by one of the supervisors by taking a picture of him. Got in some trouble, holy crap.

I'd like to thank my teacher for finding out about the campaign-- without her finding out, all of this would've never happened.

But this does not mean goodbye forever. Surely I will stop by whenever I can while I am in college, and keep in touch with my volunteer friends. Because, again, the more close people are to us, the more we cannot stand their disappearance from us.
haha.
_____

After I hung out with mah friends, basically had dinner. Mapo tofu and Kung Fu Tea. Twasookay.


The clock was reaching the evening hours. Me and her. We were sitting in a bench at the park, the sky was already dark as the crickets were crying peacefully somewhere deep inside the trees. Next to us was a tall fence, separating the benches and the asphalt courts. A number of kids were on the courts, cruising around with their Razor scooters, and playing frisbee. On the far side locals were playing one on one, and looping around the court was a middle aged man lightly jogging. All of the people here seemed to not mind the darkness the slightest bit. Elderly women, homeless, among other people were sitting by the benches. Above us, the full, spherical white moon shone the entire nighttime sky.

She grabbed a pack, pursed the cigarette between her lips, and slowly lit it with a lighter. All motions were deliberate, doing her best to not waste a single motion. She gave a few puffs, and exhaled out the smoke. With my arm around her, I was staring at the late park scenery, thinking about college and where it would bring me. College. Such a pain to start a new lifestyle all on your own, yet still exciting in some ways.






No comments: