tkd

tkd
1Q84 World. 5/2015

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

College

Arrived and set up most of my stuff in my dorm like 2 days ago. Not everything is settled, but as of now, I am now a college student. Right now I am sitting at my desk, in my dorm. Things are very different here-- there's nothing around but trees and bushes, and airplanes flying by fairly low, its engines roaring through the windows. A pain sometimes when I'm trying to sleep. Haven't gotten a chance to really explain how I'm here now.


Two days ago, in the early morning, I got out of my bed and got ready to leave my house. All my suitcases and boxes were ready to go. My mom served me a light breakfast, a meal that, for some reason, I couldn't finish. There were just two little waffles.

I got changed, and brought all my stuff by the door. I'm all on my own now, I thought, as I was staring at the stack full of things I was going to bring. My mom was there, smiling.

"I'm always on your side!" she said, as I hugged her. A faint tear welled up in my eye.

I wasn't a crybaby, so the tear immediately went away. My dad called, told me that he was downstairs with his car. My mom helped me unload my stuff onto the trunk. After, I said bye to mom, as dad and I departed. I looked back, my mom was waving at me. I waved back, smiling (DIDN'T CRY).

We got there pretty early-- around 30-40 minutes. Other freshman with their stuff were walking around.   I had to climb three stories, in the heat, with all my heavy stuff, along with dads help (a little). No elevators. I was sweating like crazy, and was already exhausted. Once I got to my dorm room, I plopped everything in there, and looked around. Such a different place, I thought.

I made my bed, and assembled my desk light. I put my clothes in the dresser and left all the other things I didn't really need in the suitcases.

"Sean," my dad said. "I know that this is new for you, but it is something that you're going to have to get used to".

I was staring at the outside scenery; nothing but trees.

"I know," I said, taking my time. "I'll see what I can do".

I walked around campus, and instantly wondered where I was. Summer was over, and I was now in a place not so familiar to me. But hey, thats college at first, I said to myself.

more later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wBdm2ytt4E&feature=related

Still your best work bro. Hahaha just playing but its sick