tkd

tkd
1Q84 World. 5/2015

Thursday, August 29, 2013

week 1

It's been a week since I moved in and things are slowly but surely coming into place, sort of. I can pretty much navigate my way around campus, know which bus to take, and have made a couple of friends. 


I attended the first taekwondo meeting on Tuesday and it was great. Some athletes there knew some people from my hometown dojang. Connections. 

The club was huge. So many people came, from beginners to black belts. Met the president of the club and we are now friends. 

I'd try not to show off when I'm doing pad drills, but it can't be helped. 
"Show off!" Mr. President would say
But I said I was just doing what I do normally. Nothing new. 

In the club I also met a girl, who, at first, said that I looked like Jay Park. And I took it as a compliment.  She liked the way I kicked, and I taught her how to kick. On top of that we both came from the city, and we both instantly exchanged our information. Another friend made.

My roommate and I would continue to not say a word to each other unless it is really, terribly necessary. Oftentimes he would sleep around 8pm so there wasn't really a chance for us to even talk anyways. He'd lay on his bed and glare at something from his iphone just inches away from his eyes. An hour later he'd be dead asleep. 

One time around the wee hours of the night he yelled out something in Chinese. And man did that wake me up. And man did that scare the crap out of me. 

A peaceful night with crickets crying outside from the window. All of a sudden,

$@%!()*@&@^)!^@%@^#$@$(*   !!!



Now the dorm is ridiculously hot. We both don't have fans. And even though the window is cracked wide open it doesn't help one bit. Beads of sweat drip down along my body when I'm sleeping. A sign that I should probably get one. 

There's so many people in the campus that you meet someone new everyday. And the one's you want to be with more you gotta really go for it and talk to them or else they will go off and immediately stumble upon new people and forget who you are. Because sometimes, there are some people that you just meet and never see again. 




No comments: