tkd

tkd
1Q84 World. 5/2015

Monday, February 16, 2015

How is it up here?

Well, it's cold and it's boring. Nothing much new.

The 101 suite is pretty much the same.

My friend recently had bought my roommate the last store-copy of the newest Monster Hunter for the 3DS. After several hours of play, he rants about how much the game sucks. But based on how much time he spends playing it, there's no doubt that it's enjoyable.

Meanwhile I had whiled away my hours with Netflix.

My other friend, Mr. Star, had completely cut ties with me, so it seemed, and now spent all his time with his girlfriend. For him, nothing in the world was more important than her.

His ex-roommate, of course, was probably smoking marijuana and cigarettes and god knows what else.

"N", a Japanese foreign exchange student, went to the city for one day just to get a whopping $60 haircut at a Japanese salon. The next day he was to move to a new dorm because he disliked his roommate.


Then, of course, there are the fibbers. A girl once invited me for some ramen together and then she forgot about it on the day we were supposed to go. My friend never once showed up to taekwondo class when he had told me multiple times that he will "definitely be there."

"You weren't there," I would say.

Then he'd either come back with an excuse about how his girlfriend made him stay or how he knocked out on his bed. Those were his two go-to excuses. Then I'd start to lose trust in them. Then again, I'd see students who don't clean up their own mess at the dining hall. Literally there are some people who just don't get it and need to grow up and learn. Sometimes I feel like I'm so out of place. I'm either not committing to things more enough or just in the wrong place.

The things you want can never really happen, while the things you don't want often happen. I guess that's just how life operated. I guess that's why we write fiction.







No comments: