tkd

tkd
1Q84 World. 5/2015

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Classes are off to a normal start. Nothing remarkable. Nothing new at all. But three days a week, three of my friends and I go to the gym to work-out. My muscles (especially my biceps) have been sore this entire week. But that's when you know you're doing it right.

The dining hall as usual has subpar eats. Usually however it's on the bad side. There aren't any moments where I'd raise my eyebrows and praise a dish. The foods either too salty, too watery, or something else. It's nothing special at all. I miss real food.

These days all I do is dream. That's how I get by. I attended a party last weekend and ended up disappointed on all levels. This wasn't the way I wanted to start off my senior year. Not one bit. The party was well-organized (I'll give them that), but I seemed to get sucked in with the wrong people. Not that they weren't cool. I just didn't click with them. Topics ranged from anime, the Japanese language, and you get the idea after that. I don't know why, but I seemed to lure in these types of people. Hanging out with these people aren't really my thing. Needless to say, they were mostly underclassmen. Accompanied by warm beer, nothing seemed to be going the way they should be. My suitemate and I went together, taking a taxi crammed with other students for 2$ to the house party. The bus at the time was hectic, crowded and flooded with drunk students. It was a tidal wave, an endless stream of students shoving one another, desperate to get on the bus. That's when I thought I needed a car. Nobody wanted to end up there.

So much for those 2$.

And now I'm slowly recovering from this disappointment by dreaming. Dreaming about a much better way to start off my senior year. I still need a moment where I can officially call it the start of my senior year. Granted, classes began kickstarting, but that's inevitable. I need an event that I can cherish, something that can make me feel that my final year in college is alive.

About a third of the campus is closed for construction, so nothing seems the same. Hang out areas are thus limited now. It's probably the worst time to be on campus, but I'm positive that there will be excitement waiting for me.



No comments: