tkd

tkd
1Q84 World. 5/2015

Sunday, September 13, 2015

The Right Moment

The couple was sitting under the bus stop shelter. It was drizzling. It was about fifteen minutes after midnight. The boy needed to ride the bus back to get home, while her home was right around the corner. The boy thought about walking her home, but instead, he decided to sit with her at the bus stop until the bus came.

"It's a nice neighborhood to live," she said. "The police station is right there and there's an elementary school a few block from here."

"So it's pretty safe," he said.

"Yeah. My friends also live within this area so it's nice."

She didn't have an umbrella so he gave his to her.

"Borrow it for tonight," he said.

"No, it's okay. I'm fine."

"Take it," he said. "Once I get off the bus my dorm is just a walk away. You'd need it on your walk back."

"Then how am I gonna return it to you?"

"Simple. We meet again."

She smiled. "Okay. Definitely."

No comments: