tkd

tkd
1Q84 World. 5/2015

Saturday, September 12, 2015

The rain fell, and it didn't seem to subside anytime soon. When it rained on the weekend everything instantly became depressing. Unless you had a partner to cuddle with indoors, there's not much you could do. All you could do was stay indoors and actually consider studying for once.

My roommate and I flocked to the dining hall in the rain. Because of the Jewish holidays, only one dining hall was open. I had on my blue windbreaker, shorts and flip flops while he had on jeans and a tee. The weather was in the 60s. The campus was empty. We silently ate the bland food. I stared out the window, my mind pretty blank. Nothing was exciting here. The people, the vibe, nobody and nothing really stood out. Maybe the rain made it seem so. Whatever the case, each passing day was the same.

I wanted to jog around the track in peace but the yucky weather didn't allow me.

Before I knew it, the cleaning staff came over to our table. I was halfway through my salad.

"It's closing time," she said.

Great. Just great.



No comments: