tkd

tkd
1Q84 World. 5/2015

Thursday, January 21, 2016

The Final Semester Prelude

An idea flew into my mind while I was in class brainstorming for a possible honors project:

The movie title would be something along the lines of, "Love and Language" or "Language of Love" or some other quasi-cheesy title for now. 

It's about a man who falls in love with a woman who speaks a different language and the man subsequently develops a tremendous urge to learn the language and becomes embedded in her culture, but at the same time he is also abandoning his own background without even knowing. 

Could end up being some cheesy shojo anime or manga.


The days were getting colder and colder, but everything else stayed the same. New challenges and opportunities await. Immediately when I arrived on campus a few days ago, I went to the school's basketball game with two friends. Fortunately, they won. Off to a good start. Good friends, good conversations. It was the prelude to a bright, new, and final, semester. Then, it was graduation. Can you believe it?

"Can you believe it?" I said to the Monster energy drink on my desk.

It didn't say anything.






No comments: