tkd

tkd
1Q84 World. 5/2015

Friday, January 8, 2016

Post-Holiday Season

And just like that, I am back to reality. Well, not really reality but back in the states. The holiday season was over in a flash. This year, I left for Japan on Christmas day so I couldn't really celebrate it. Christmas trees once decorated with ornaments and lights in homes were now disposed on the sidewalk edges outside in the cold. Listening to holiday music or seeing holiday accessories at this time seems utterly off, like dipping ketchup in Oreos. When this happens, you know the holidays are over. Back to reality indeed.

The weather's been getting chillier lately. Jet lag is killing me for the past few days, and I've been struggling to stay up during the day. Thus my mind during the day becomes blank. I try to read a book but I can't get myself to grasp the sentences. All I want to do is sleep but if I do, this jet lag won't perish. I started to miss the food in Japan, and the lifestyle I had over there.




No comments: