tkd

tkd
1Q84 World. 5/2015

Saturday, January 9, 2016

The Abroad Mood

As soon as the plane touched down at Narita and the flight attendant gingerly made her announcement, an intense force struck my mind, a sudden thought:

I want to live in Japan. I want to leave the US for a while.

Not just for visiting my family, but also for some obligation, such as work or study. I feel that it's about time for me to go abroad, while I'm young. I've never "lived" in Japan before, and I want to experience that. Chance flies, and it flies hard. And Japan is the destination. I think it's even safe to say that it is my dream.

My parents fled from Japan when they were young to live the American dream; what if I did the opposite and went back to Japan and got married there?

Just a thought.

Also, I eventually want to travel to Korea. I have a number of Korean friends, been doing taekwondo for a decade and counting, and not to mention, kpop and food. I also have an interest in the language, which I have yet to learn. In other words, I feel that I am surrounded by Korean things.

I'm in that abroad mood; East Asia version.

Someday, I'll be over there. That's definite.







No comments: