tkd

tkd
1Q84 World. 5/2015

Friday, July 23, 2010

Hana

Back to regular camp. No more chaos. Thank god.

I went to my group as usual (9-12 year olds), and it was some of the camper's last day today since it's the end of the week. A couple of them were close with me, and it's sad to see them leave. But that's camp and the real counselor's job; let them go and start off again.

The campers who left today were actually my closest. Jeremy from Barbados; Sean, a camper who kinda looks like me; and his younger sister, Hana. Hana was the camper who always stood near me wherever I go.

Her name, to me, feels like it has a significant meaning. This is the one question I forgot to ask her. Because in Japanese, 花 (hana) means flower. In Korean 하나 (hana), I'm guessing it means "one" or "first child". Both those meanings in different languages make sense.

Hana; also shy. Whenever she wants to ask a random question to me, she always asks another camper to do it for her. But there's this one question that she can ask by herself. You see, I told her that my name was "Seany" from the day we met, but she realizes that it's not, so she always asks me throughout the weeks: "what's your real name?". Every time, I always go: "I told you!" haha. She always then gives up and smiles. But sooner or later when she blooms, she'll realize that my name is her brother's :)

No comments: