tkd

tkd
1Q84 World. 5/2015

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

bug bites suck

You know what really grinds my gears? When mosquitoes, gnats, and other annoying bugs bite me everywhere. One might ask why I'd get so many bites if I live in the city. Well, it's because I go to the woods during cross country meets. Each time I finish a meet, I itch. Where? It changes from time to time. Sometimes my skin itches around my leg, my arm, my neck, and even at the bottom of my ankle. I mean, how would a bug bite me at the bottom of my ankle in the first place? My sock was covering it! Furthermore, I usually get multiple bites. And that is not a pleasant feeling. 

I would assume that itching is the first phase of the mosquito/gnat/whatever bite. I try not to itch, but I just can't. After obsessively itching for quite a while, the red, round bump starts to form. That is an obvious sign that tells me that I just got unlucky and got owned by a tiny little stinging bug. It sucks if I just think about it. 

I feel that I get more bites than any other person I know. Also, I feel that my skin reacts the worst whenever I receive a bite from an insect than any other person I know. A few days after the bite, it turns more red, swells up, meaning that the lump gets bigger, and starts to itch a lot worse. Fortunately, Cortizone is there for me when I need it, but still, it sucks to get so many bug bites in so little time. Teammates were yapping about bug bites but they didn't seem to get so many, and even if they did, it didn't swell up, let alone having the need for Cortizone. 

I have another meet tomorrow afternoon and my bites on my arm from a few days ago are still itching! It's embarrassing to show my bites! They'd say something about it. It's really unpleasant in so many ways. Not only is it embarrassing, but it's also distracting. Sometimes I can't concentrate that effectively because my body itches. That being said, I loathe bugs of any kind.


No comments: