tkd

tkd
1Q84 World. 5/2015

Monday, September 17, 2012

On living in a suburban college

Wuddup y'all. Workload increasing.. More and more sleepless nights ahead. But hey, I'm gonna ace through everything so it shouldn't be such a bad thing.. Just gotta remember to stay on the bright side of life and never look down upon things. Work through those essays, get cracking on those damn long readings, and it all should be pretty easy. Time management-- the only thing you basically need. It's like  that saying, work then play. Although I quite often do the opposite. 

Most of my days I just sit back, relax, and gaze out the window while munching on a snack with a Norah Jones album playing on my stereo system. Sometimes I'd hear one of my suite mates practicing his acoustic, while, at other times, the place is devoid of any sound whatsoever since I dorm in an area right smack in the middle of nowhere. Bushes, trees, and the like. Because the insulation here is pretty terrible, I could oftentimes hear a person's obnoxious cough either next door or below my floor. At night I'd hear crickets, and in the late night, I'd look out the window from my bed and see the stars populating the twilight sky. Such is the life I am living thus far, in a suburban college. 

It's interesting to note how I go to a suburban college. Because I have been living in the city all my life, it's a pretty different experience for me to live in a place where there are very few stores around campus. Studying in a place where there is literally nothing around, however, can be a good thing since all there is to do, besides chilling, is to basically study, unlike the city where there are tons of attractions one can easily be distracted to. 

A suburban college can also be a better place to study due to its quiet, hushed environment. Bustling cars, buses, and people are prevalent in the city. People are constantly rushing to and fro, and it sometimes seems as though there is not a wide open space for yourself since most things are clustered. 

But the suburbs are a place to appreciate nature. I can't hear the cry of crickets as clear in the city nor can I clearly see the stars sitting atop the pure sky. It's a place where nature is most commonplace. It's important to take the time to realize that yaknow?

But whatever the case, I will always prefer the city. Haha.






No comments: