tkd

tkd
1Q84 World. 5/2015

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

The Arrival

It was a rainy Saturday evening and I was standing, holding onto one of the poles in the train. I was home bound after being warned about an impending tropical storm. Seats were all occupied with groups of men and women. Some couples, some just friends. I stood there staring at the passing scenery while casually listening to my music.

Outside the sky was cloudy, yet the full moon was vivid enough that it shone the entire nighttime sky. The white, spherical circle, looming around Earth as if a lonely child in a lost world. Droplets of water were running down the window as the wind slammed the misty rain against it. No doubt it was raining. No doubt it was cloudy. Yet the moon was still visible in the far away distance.

The train approached its last stop. As the doors opened, I stepped out and walked along the platform to the exit. Passengers with their bags all heading towards the same direction. Right then my ipod was playing Miles Davis' I Waited For You.

"I waited for you, too" I said, clueless to whom it was directed to.


No comments: