tkd

tkd
1Q84 World. 5/2015

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

College 9

My friend (the one who threw a random branch over the construction site) and I bumped into our Korean friends. One of them knew some Japanese. She had an accent but it was a rather cute one.

Called herself a princess in Japanese.
No you're not, I said.
She smacked my arm.
She went on to say there's nobody in the world who is as pretty as her, and she flashed a peace sign.
I laughed and said, "just join the TKD club will ya?" Since she took TKD last semester.
"My birthday is coming up," she ignored. "You guys are going to buy me a gift."
"When is it?" I asked
"March," she replied in Japanese.
"What do you like?" My friend asked.
"I like hamsters," Now in English.
"Hamsters..." I said.
"And chocolates," she continued.
I took a sip of my iced tea.
"How about we give you a chocolate hamster?" My friend suggested.
"That's disgusting," she whined.


Now my friend knew some Spanish as did she, a little... barely. My friend said something in Spanish that was too fast for me to comprehend. She went on to say,
"Hola como estas?"
"Those are the only words you know don't you?" He asked.
She paused. "Quesadilla".


韓国から来た大学生と夕食を食べました。一人の女の子は日本語をちょっと話せたんだ。
「私は可愛い姫です。」彼女が言った。
「そうかな。。」俺が言った。
そして女の子が俺の腕を叩いた。
「この世界でわたしより可愛い人はいない!!」って女の子が元気よく言った。
「。。。言いすぎやぁー!!!」って俺が言った。




No comments: