tkd

tkd
1Q84 World. 5/2015

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Single Awareness Day

I was eating a lemon poppy muffin while glancing at the uninteresting news on the tv at the food court. A normal morning full of normal people going about their normal routines with a hint of ennui. Valentine's Day at its best... Ended up getting a mini, heart-shaped chocolate from my RA.

Taking bites out of my muffin, I came to mind that it was important to have an obsession. Okay well maybe not an obsession but some liking for something. Thus whenever someone stumbles upon that thing you like, they will surely think about you and most likely will tell you about it. For instance, my previous roommate had a keen enthusiast for mermaids. He drew mermaids, watched The Little Mermaid, and can literally talk a blue streak about them. His obsession with mermaids is not a bad thing at all, as his friends and family will think about him whenever they see anything mermaid related. It's one way to keep friends to think about you. To be fond of something, anything. And, during the middle of the day, you will get some news and stories from your friends, even from the ones you have not talked to in years.

I washed down my muffin with a mini carton of milk, munched down my banana, and left the food court. Chunks of ice and snow lay on the ground as the beaming sun hit my face. In my bag was a box of chocolates that was not originally intended for Valentine's Day but what did I know the day was here. Who to give them to I had no idea. There was not a girl on my mind to give these chocolates to. There were a few, but me giving them a box of chocolates would only make them feel mislead and incite certain complications. These chocolates were pretty expensive and rich; not your typical Hershey's you can purchase at newsstands.

The chocolates are sitting on my desk.




No comments: