tkd

tkd
1Q84 World. 5/2015

Friday, February 1, 2013

College Life 7

"It's those little things like that," he said, taking a sip of his orange juice on the rocks. "Sure they might be good friends. But it's those little common sense flaws they lack that make them so indecent."
I nodded.
"Would you walk with your pants down indoors?"
"No."
"Exactly," he scratched the side of his nose. "You either take them off or wear them. No betweens. It's either one or the other."
"Uh-hunh."

A girl with a fur coat walked towards the exit.
"I like your coat!!!" he hollered.
The girl, not hearing any of it, continued to walk out the door.

We were eating at a vegetarian eatery on campus. I was munching down my quesadilla while he was devouring a chocolate muffin with a grilled cheese. The conversation transitioned to talking about the people in the previous Tae Kwon Do class who were not in the club.
"To be honest I've never seen them around campus since then," I blurted.
"Speak of the freaking devil," he said, as he pointed to a girl who was in the class. "There she is."
I looked out the glass window and it was no doubt her, walking with careful, gentle steps outside.
"Holy sh*t," I said.

And it wasn't only her that we saw in the class. Another walked by.

Speak of the freaking devil.

I also bumped into the international student that I chanced to meet last semester whom I have not seen since last month.

Speak of the freaking devil.


After eating we were walking on a sidewalk when he suddenly picked up a long stick from a branch and raised it in air. Then he chucked it over the construction sight and walked away like nothing happened.
"College man," he said. "Do whatever."
I laughed.

No comments: