tkd

tkd
1Q84 World. 5/2015

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

A Dream from a While Ago

My suite mate brought me in his room with his friend. While he was looking for something on the computer she and I introduced ourselves. Seconds after I leaned in and we made out for about three seconds. And she was an absolute beauty. She was in the same grade as me from the fifth grade all the way to graduation, but we never really talked or had the same classes. But since her middle school years she was nothing but beautiful. Her sharp, piercing blue eyes, along with her just-right pale skin and shimmering brown hair. My suite mate, intent on the computer screen, never saw us. I didn't even know if they were dating; but it seemed likely. Thus I had no idea why I leaned in and made the move. I had no idea she went with it either. It was a subconscious movement that somehow, only us-- the girl and I--understood. She wore a jean jacket and black skinny jeans. Since her jacket was unbuttoned, she was able to reveal her Wu Tang Clan concert shirt. Necklaces and bracelets here and there and her brown hair was gracefully straightened. Black converse to finish off the look. There couldn't be a prettier woman.

"Care to explain that?" she said with a light smile.
I made sure to choose the right words. Although both of my suite mate's eyes were on the screen, that did not deter him from hearing what we were saying.
"It was an accident," I said, showing her my 'cut' on my finger. My suite mate looked at my finger and back at me. He was wearing a jean jacket and thick, round glasses.
"Well you better be careful," he said, not realizing anything that happened.
She looked at me, made movements with her lips, possibly saying, "You're so smooth."
"I'll show you around town," she suggested. "What do you say, M? Can I give him a personal tour?"
So his name was M...
"Fine by me," M replied, his eyes still on the screen, clicking on the mouse every other second. His long hair was tied back into a ponytail. "Just come back in an hour."

Whereupon the girl and I strolled around town. The first place she took me was a museum. Exactly what kind of museum, I had no idea.
"It's like the Natural History Museum," she said. "Except they primarily are known for showing films. Like a movie theater, except the films are all about science," she laughed. "We have time to watch one. Which one do you want to see?"
I looked at the four movie posters hung up on the wall. I glanced at each one, feeling seemingly indifferent to all.
"It's okay," she said. "We can watch one next time. There are tons of other attractions in this town I need to show you."
A brunette girl, similar to the appearance of Mila Kunis, suddenly tapped her on the shoulder. She turned and, recognizing her, they hugged. They exchanged their recent whereabouts and news. As far as I knew they seemed to be friends, but not best friends. Classmates, perhaps. She never introduced me so I continued to stare at the posters, this time with much more focus.

About five minutes, brunette departs.
"Sorry," she said. "My old friend."
I knew it, I said in my mind.
"Let's walk outside."
"Let's."
Kunis look-a-like was sitting by the bench, leisurely having a smoke with her legs crossed. She never caught the girl's attention but she seemed to notice me. We stared for a couple of seconds, her expression blank as ever. Then I look away, back at the wondrous town and its amenities.

"So tell me," the girl said, playfully curious. "Our really brief make out session.."

Then my dream ended there.

No comments: