tkd

tkd
1Q84 World. 5/2015

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Spring Break and All

Just like that, spring break is coming to a close. And just like that, the rest of the school year will probably come to a close as well. For some reason, a year in college seems to go by quicker than a year in high school. 
The first night of spring break I managed to meet a couple and their adorable daughter. I played the unexpected role of a babysitter for a couple of hours as she often smiled at me. Making babies laugh takes a lot of effort you know. It requires getting hurt and a keen sense of exaggeration. 

In the end she ran towards me and hugged my legs. Her height could only manage hugging my legs so I kneeled down to her height and hugged her back. I gave the gesture of a high five and she slapped my hand like a pro. With her zebra-colored fur jacket, red skinny jeans, and a knit hat, she snickered. 

A typical attire in campus. 

The rest of the break I relaxed in the house, sleeping in till the PM. Some days I worked out and trained with my buddies in my hometown TKD dojang. Other days I took neighborhood strolls with mom as I avoided the homework I had to do. Since I had some time in my hands and wanted to take a break from studying, I bought a copy of Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon on its release date. I played it daily, advancing on to the next level with relative ease, though there are a lot of tricky missions in there. The game is hands down creative and VERY fun. I guess I can say it's better than the first one though I do miss some of the old song arrangements, sound effects, and the gallery ghosts from the first one (Melody Pianissima, The Floating Whirlindas, etc). But the second one includes 5 mansions and so much more variety. 

Then, of course you cannot forget the man who organizes this whole ghost hunt, Professor Elvin Gadd and his gibberish.

Suku suku, yabo yabo. Oidoro? Yabo yabo samenotake. Uw uw umakaa, sousuusa. aaahh, qwa qwa qwa. 


Spring break, however, is not completely over. I still have a full day ahead of me and I plan to spend it as enjoyable as possible. Sleeping and shopping. Before I go back to campus and start engaging in endless days and nights of studying and reading, I figure that it's a good idea. 

No comments: