tkd

tkd
1Q84 World. 5/2015

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Neighborhood stroll


The other day I had a dream. And in the dream was a girl I had a dream about the other day. She was in my home. My friend was also in the dream but he put on his shoes and left without a word. I think I was in my room, the lights fully bright as I was leisurely typing up something on the computer. Then, sensing the presence of human flesh, I walked into the living room and saw her standing there wearing a white shirt and a dress. All the lights were off except the dim kitchen light. Before I could say anything, I woke up. 
___________________

My friend took me to a Japanese restaurant tonight and introduced me to two of his friends that frequently came to the place with him. One was a software engineer from upstate, and the other was a typical man in his sixties. The place was pretty much packed with a combination of businessmen and Asian couples. The four of us chatted about typical things ranging from work, college, to AV models and Roppongi Hills. 

"Do well on your first years in college," software engineer said. "Because they are all liberal arts."
"I know," I said. "I've completed some credits already."
"Well that's good," he said, as he took a sip of his wine.
I felt left out not being able to get a glass myself but that's just how age works, I thought. I made do with my Coke. 
"Just remember to get involved in clubs, organizations, and stand out somehow. No need to be that douchey prideful kid that sets publicity stunts and tries to be cool. It's not high school. Put your skills to use and just be yourself. That way you'll have yourself a strong supporting cast and memories that will last a lifetime."
"Thanks for the advice," I said. I took a sip of my Coke from the neon green plastic straw.


Back home I finished the rest of Murakami's Dance Dance Dance while nibbling on some ranch sunflower seeds and Welch's fruit snacks. It was a good book, the last in the Rat trilogy. After that I completed some of the required paperwork for college and in the evening I decided to take a stroll outside to grab some grub. Businessmen coming home from work, some residents walking their dog, and students coming home from school. While listening to some Daft Punk, I was contemplating either Chipotle or some Gray's Papaya. Although the sun was setting it was still one of hottest days of the year. High 90s, humid. The heat wave was to continue throughout the entire week. It's time we hit the beach. If only there was a transporting machine that could take me to Waikiki.

Ended up eating some authentic sushi. The real deal kind of sushi; not the ones where they have been sitting in the fridge all day. You shouldn't trust those kinds in the first place. Don't get them cooked, get them raw.

Das right. 

No comments: