tkd

tkd
1Q84 World. 5/2015

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Swimming

Please, mom. Anything but the one thing that I don't really like and am already an expert at.

She put me in a four week swimming class starting tomorrow.

To tell the truth, I don't really like swimming-- no, I like swimming in general. I just don't like being taught swimming because I already know how to. In fact I already took strict classes when I was a little boy. I competed in the Big Swim, and I took home a medal with a sticker that read, "everybody's a winner"-- a false phrase that's purposely meant to only make kids feel good. But I knew that I accomplished something, and I knew that it was the last time I'd ever swim in a pool. I hated swimming. During classes, I constantly looked at the clock to see how much time there was left until it was over. It was a nightmare. And now that nightmare is about to come back. A Deja Vu all over again.

My friend and I was discussing, where in the world would you use a backstroke and butterfly besides tournaments? A majority of the population, I would assume, would use freestyle.

ihateswimmingihateswimmingihateswimmingihateswimmingihateswimmingihateswimmingihateswimming...

No comments: