tkd

tkd
1Q84 World. 5/2015

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Back in campus... 寮帰った

Back in campus.
Thanksgiving break seemed so short.
UGHHH back to realityyyy, not like it never was reality before.
Nibbling on some Pie No Mi (one of my favorite Japanese snacks) while listening to Sinatra's You Make Me Feel So Young, I am back on my desk, working....

Have to read an O'Brien novel that I already read back in 10th grade. This became one of my favorite books. Now I gotta read it again by tomorrow. You know sometimes there are those books where you just do not want to analyze and just let it sink in you. The Things They Carried is one of them.

If you haven't read it yet you should. It's gripping. After digging through my books from high school I found my copy of the paperback with annotations and underlines marked with a pen. Here was one of the lines I underlined:

"Stories are for those late hours in the night when you can't remember how you got from where you were to where you are. Stories are for eternity, when memory is erased, when there is nothing to remember except the story" (O'Brien).

シナトラの曲をきいてパイの実を食いながら勉強してます。寮に帰ってきました。サラダでも買いにいこうかな。。。めちゃめんどうくさいけど。


No comments: