tkd

tkd
1Q84 World. 5/2015

Monday, November 12, 2012

Describe your college life, Seany.

天候がちょうど良くなりました。t−シャツで外で歩けるくらいあったかいですね。このあいだ雪がふったのってありえないっす。

Lately I have not been able to write extended narratives or just little stories here on this blog as much, as some of you have noticed. The time I spend here has become much less as my workload is getting intense. Yet then again, I try my best to follow a routine schedule. As most of my classes start in the top of the morning, I wake up to my alarm clock about fifteen minutes before class. I stretch, chug down some water if there is any, wash my face, change, and pack my bookbag with the necessary notebooks and textbooks.

I am usually greeted with the chilly morning wind when I am walking to class. A five to ten minute walk, I often take in the ambiance of the fresh morning. Crows, from a distance, caw as they soar through the sky. There I am taking a big yawn while appreciating nature's existence.

The campus has a little food court and I usually grab myself a cup of coffee and a small muffin to start off my day. The number of students at the place usually depends on the time. I tend to come around the peak time.

I try to have an equal balance between being alone and being with somebody. Sometimes I walk to class with my roommate and sometimes, I bump into some of my classmates, suite mates, and/or friends. There is always at least one person I stumble upon when I am walking around campus and we usually greet each other with a simple hi, or something a little more to that. Sometimes, whether I am in my dorm or just totally out of the blue, messages come to me with a friendly 'let's grab some grub' or something similar.

One night I was eating with one of my suite mates.

"You know what I just realized?" I said, as I was eating a bowl of tossed salad.
"Fire away," he said.
"I just realized that I was hungry."
He gave me a blank expression, almost as if he was being sarcastic. "No way, you're not serious."
After all I did eat some pretty bad tasting fish some minutes before I ate this pretty great tasting tossed salad that I made myself. Fresh salad with sliced tomatoes, onions, black olives, cheese, and ranch dressing. I didn't feel hungry when I was eating the fish.
"Don't you find it interesting?" I said.
"What?"
"That people realize they are hungry when they are eating food that they find delicious."
"... and not food that they find yucky?"
"Yes," I laughed. "Our hunger probably temporarily stops when we eat food we don't find delectable. I guess that's just how it works."
He took a sip of his water, "Means we gotta eat wisely."
"Yeah," I said, as I took a bite out of my tomato.



A significant number of students smoke as they usually linger on the steps outside near the entrance to the building in which I live. I usually walk right past them as I do not even care the slightest about them.

I'm pretty on top with my classes, relatively above average. I take a wide variety of classes as my mind is fraught with curiosity. Obviously I receive a lot of work and my late evenings are usually spent in the library. I try to be as productive as I can be, avoiding the widely practiced ritual of procrastination. Once I come back to my dorm, or, as I should say, suite, I am usually the last one still awake. I take a quick shower, change into my PJs, turn off the lights, and make sure the doors are locked. I'm usually responsible for the late night hours of the suite. Before I sleep I usually spend my time on the computer either chatting with friends  or just casually surfing around. Occasionally I feast on a late night snack. When I decide to call it a day, I shut off my desk lamp, go to my bed, take a quick glance at the stars subtly sitting atop the sky in the twilight hours, and go to sleep. So the days go.

No comments: