tkd

tkd
1Q84 World. 5/2015

Thursday, February 13, 2014

The snowstorm returns

At this point my nose is probably sick of seeing these tissues. I've recently come down with a cold these past few days and it hasn't been pleasant at all. Coughing, sneezing, blowing nose, tears in eyes. Not at all pleasant especially when you've run out of all your pocket tissues. But now it has gotten better.

Haven't had the chance to curl up with a good novel these days due to the increasing workload I've been getting.

A snowstorm approaches and the university declares another snow day. 

If I were to tell an opening lede for an article, it would be something a little like this:

This 90% chance of a snowstorm will take an effect for students as their 90% grade may wind down.

Cheesy but it gets the main idea.

Some news here and there. 2014-15 will be the last season for the Yankee captain Derek Jeter, as he recently announced he will retire after this year. The veteran shortstop has always played a pivotal role for the Yankees. Seeing him without the Yankees is something all fans will not be able to get used to for a long while and will be greatly missed by the team. I remember when I was younger I watched him make uncompromising plays in the field. I was at the stadium when he hit his 3000th hit. When I think of the Yankees the first thing that comes up is Jeter. He stayed true to the field, never played another position, has always been a Yankee for his entire career, and has always worn the number 2. Memories flourish.

Students in the city are endlessly complaining how they don't have a snow day.

If Macy's is open, schools should be open, says one person.


First exam coming up next week and that's fun. Excited to spend Valentine's Day with my special someone.









No comments: