tkd

tkd
1Q84 World. 5/2015

Friday, May 23, 2014

It's been a little more than a week since school ended and now the days are going by slowly. It's been raining all week bits by bits. B recently started her job at the daycare, mom is working, and I'm here writing and reading and exercising. I've hit a few people up, a few people hit me up, but all in the long run seem disinterested to schedule a set rendezvous. I've been looking for a decent summer job, contacted a few, but got close to no replies. What can I expect. I polished up my resume. Just that there needed to be someone who was willing to read it. In the afternoon I ate some croissants, chugged down two glasses of milk, and yawned three times.

B and I was going to meet today, so I got up earlier than usual, ate some pan, brushed my teeth, shaved, and washed my face. I thought of the places we could go around the neighborhood, making a mental list of activities. As soon as I was about to get ready to change, I got a message from her saying that her friend wanted to hang for the day with her. A bit crestfallen yet understanding, I let it pass and told her to have fun. We were going to meet tomorrow anyway so it was all good.

"I'm sorry," she said.
"It's okay. We have all the time in the world."


I jogged around the lake two times with a couple breaks in between. Runners past me and I past them. It was the season where I needed to build up my body and maintain in good shape. In fact I was expected to attend sparring classes at my local dojang to improve on my training. I self-taught Pyongwon and Sipjin, going over the moves in my room while bumping into the boxes and luggages that I still haven't yet cleaned up since I got back from college. I resumed and did 100 push-ups, and took a quick shower.

This summer I was going to one, find a job, and two, get my drivers license. The latter was a must, as I did not have the chance last year. I took a few driving courses, but the school did not have any more lessons. This year I was going to get it, no matter what. I had to take the pre-licensing course again since the certificate from last year expired. For three hours I sat down with other students and adults watching cheesy 80s videos about the precautions in driving. The instructor was the same from last year. The same features, same way of speech. The man with 33 years of driving experience. He had a certain face that you couldn't quite remember the next day. Very normal, easygoing, and gets the point across decently.

I don't want this summer to be like my summer from last year, where I did close to nothing and wasn't as productive. As a college student that is already halfway done, it's vital to do something of value to me. Even better if it was something of value to my major. And my personal goals so far are to get my license, get back into shape, and get a summer job.



No comments: