tkd

tkd
1Q84 World. 5/2015

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

No Longer an Underclassman

School has finally ended, yesterday, after I finished my last final Tuesday morning. I haven't packed until an hour before I was to leave, as I realized that I had a lot more stuff than I had expected. From boxes to luggages. It took two hours just to load my stuff into the car. Note to self-- bring less stuff next year.

I somehow survived from having no meal swipes left on my card, which happened about a month ago. With Bs unlimited and grubhub delivery orders, I did not starve as much and made it through. 

I met with the senior instructor of taekwondo and the leader of the demo team and he lifted me up and hugged me with so much force that I couldn't breathe for a few seconds when he released me. We exchanged good byes, as he passed the torch to me to manage the taekwondo club. 

I spent time with B the rest of the Tuesday. We talked about how we were going to miss each other. I would always text her when I was downstairs, "K hereee" to her, then I would see her walking down the stairs from the window as she would open the front door. We would share the seat together as she would frequently be on Forever 21 on her mac. How we did laundry together as I tailed her from behind and noticed how cute she walked. How she would ask me, "Shower?" as we showered at the same time together as I carried the basket and she carried our towels and underwear. How we brushed our teeth together as we looked at ourselves in the mirror, how she would bring to me bagels and coffee every morning because of my zero meals. So many other things we do togetherrrr 

Then when it was time for me to pack, we hugged and kissed and I shed a tear that I couldn't control. That feeling of just saying bye to B regardless if we were going to see each other soon. 

While on the bus going back to my dorm to pack, I realized that sophomore year was coming to a close for me. That I was no longer considered an underclassman student, but rather, going one step closer into adulthood by the year. Years flew by. I still remember the rigorous and stressful time of college application during my senior year in high school and the time I first got accepted into college. 

And now I'm already half-way done with college. 


When I shoved in just about everything in the car and was ready to hit the road, I stumbled into one of the first friends I met in the school year. He was an international student from Japan, and I chanced to meet him during the new student orientation tour. The timing was worth noting, as we met back in August and now we said goodbye in May. 

So long, sophomore year!!!!

No comments: