tkd

tkd
1Q84 World. 5/2015

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

"Dreams die with age so act now or never," my friend said. "I want to do something big... I want to be those people who become billionaires in their twenties."

"There's so much to that," I said.

"Hell yeah," he said. "But if anyone has the idea to engineer or make something, I'm totally down to help them. There just needs to be an idea. Once there's an idea count me freaking in."

"An idea for what, anything?"

"Anything," he said.

I had just learned that he was going to transfer out of this school and head towards a college in the city next year to strive towards his medical degree. I was surprised at first, but couldn't do anything but wish him good luck.

"But that's what I seek in the future," he said. "I have a lot to look ahead for. I mean in the past my friend and I had this idea going on about cushions when you're on the airplane. But we realized it doesn't work at all, logically."

"Hey mind if I ask you something?"

"Shoot," he said.

"In your opinion, do you think ideas are born spontaneously in a light-bulb flashing fashion or only after careful thought?" I asked, exuding my inner-journalistic self. "Because people seem to go both ways."

"Well I'll be damned. For me it's both. Depends on what I'm thinking. Depends on the mood. Depends on where I am. I can't say. It changes. You know? What do you think?"

"Same here. Ideas are based on thought. Without careful thought, ideas can't be processed."

"Why are we being so philosophical here," he laughed.


No comments: