tkd

tkd
1Q84 World. 5/2015

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Today I wanted to be fresh off to a good start as it's the beginning of the last month of the year. I went to the salon to get a haircut, took a quick shower, and wore my new coat. Suddenly I felt more alive. Somehow it made me feel happier. It's important to do what makes you happy.

"Uh-oh Christmas is coming soon, Sean," my friend said while we were having lunch.

I sat there, blank.

He rolled his eyes and finished chewing before speaking.

"Is there any girl you want to spend time with during Christmas?" he extended his arms, palms facing the ceiling.

"I'm aiming for one."

"Did you get her number and anything?"

"Not yet."

"Oh come on you got no balls."

Next weekend he was to head home to get his car and take the N-1 Japanese Proficiency Test, reportedly a difficult Japanese test that even native speakers couldn't ace. And how did he feel about it?

"I'm so screwed," he said. "I don't know why I wasted my money on that thing."

Meanwhile December rolled its way around. Back to that study grind.






No comments: