tkd

tkd
1Q84 World. 5/2015

Saturday, April 4, 2015

It's been one hell of a week. And it's finally over, sort of. On Thursday we performed at K-Night, and it went alright. We made some mistakes, as some couldn't hold boards properly and break them. But it's all about learning from them that matters. We were asked to do it again at another event, so that's somewhat of good news. 

Apparently the demo instructor last year told my roommate that he was concerned about the dancing after watching the performance online. My inspiration was from the K-Tigers, and I wanted to combine dancing and taekwondo and see how it went at least once. Don't get me wrong, I still respect the art of taekwondo, it's just that I wanted to have a bit of some variety and K-pop flair instead of it being almost completely traditional since the event was mainly for K-Night. I did what I could do and am proud of the members for giving it their best.

There was a party the next night, and it wasn't as crowded and exciting as it used to be. My friend and I came a bit too early, and pretty much failed to be fashionably late and ended up standing around. That's always the thing with house parties. 

"Last year we had brawls," an e-board member says. "You would've liked it."

It was pouring so I ran back to the dorm. 

No comments: