tkd

tkd
1Q84 World. 5/2015

Monday, March 31, 2014

Jake Shimabukuro in concert

Had the wonderful privilege to see ukulele virtuoso Jake Shimabukuro in concert with baby Ting. In the end a chance for a meet and greet.

We shook hands.

"Aloha, Jake. Great show out there," I said, a tad nervous.
With a thanks, he signed a copy of my cd, as well as the jacket.
"Did you enjoy it?" he asked.
"Of course, it was amazing."
He smiled.
"I had a few ukulele lessons from your brother in Hawaii a couple years ago," I said.
"Ohh yeah? Is it the one near the Pacific mall?"
"Yeah the one near Waikiki Beach!" I said, excited.
"Yes!" he said. "Do you go to Hawaii often?"
"Yeap." I meant to say that I haven't been there for a few years but I was starstruck at the time.
"Well I hope to see you in Hawaii" he said.
"Most definitely."


And I'm so happy I got the chance to get his autograph. And I'm so happy that Ting got a chance to get his autograph as well.

Baby Ting meets Jake Shimabukuro.

Tomorrow is also the opening day for the N.Y. Yankees as they face the Houston Astros at Minute Maid Park. The day has come for some ball! It's time to break in my Yankees windbreaker.

With Bruce Shimabukuro, two years ago.
Got an exam tomorrow and a quiz. Mundane and stressful school days seem to never end. My grades are subpar, they could totally be better. I feel like I'm trying hard, but not hard enough. Consistency is of vital importance if you're a generally good student. An ace student losing his touch and getting straight Cs is inexplainable. What happened, is all they could ask him.

No comments: