tkd

tkd
1Q84 World. 5/2015

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Bicycle, and all that jazz

Such a wonderful day today with B. It was nearly only the two of us biking as we cycled our way around the path while taking in the unobstructed scenery of Lady Liberty and the financial district adjacent to it. The Staten Island Ferry was sailing across the river, and seagulls were soaring through the air. I felt as if we owned the island. The last time I was on a bike was in Japan, about three years ago. I finally had the chance to ride it and an air of nostalgia hit me when I rung the bike bell.

Chiring Chiring!!

There were many times where it was only us two, cycling peacefully while feeling the breeze, all the while B adorably singing aloud Let it Go and the Beatles' Baby it's You. I taught her how to make a sharp turn on a bicycle. Although I haven't ridden one in years, my body was easily able to adapt to it. In Japan I remember casually cycling around the neighborhood that was surrounded by a field of plants and crops and grasses as far as the eye could see. I'd go downhill through a narrow road, and drift with my cousin. Bike drifting. Yeah, that's what it was called.

It was a whole another experience cycling with B and a tremendously lovely one. I'd look back at her, and see her smiling. "I'm coming for youuu," she said.

We crashed into a Dunkin' Donuts shortly and I sipped down the entire medium iced coffee while B wasn't even halfway done with her small size. Then we ate some healthy dinner nearby.

Such great adventures with B.

No comments: