tkd

tkd
1Q84 World. 5/2015

Friday, July 4, 2014

Happy Fourth.

Staying in for the fireworks tonight. Windy day today, probably because of Arthur, the hurricane. Two storms in a row.

The days are going, with not a thing in my agenda but meeting up with B and a few friends. Haven't met up with a single high school classmate in two years. Finding a job at this point is likely to not happen, unless I pull out a miracle and stumble upon one to my liking.

Last year around this day if I remember exactly I went to the beach with my tkd training partners and friends. This year I still have yet to go.


"All of my friends are getting a car," she said. "And some of them don't even have their license yet."
I was stunned.
"How?"
"Their parents thought they needed it."
"But how do they deal with the payments and maintenance?" I said. "You're thrown with so much responsibility."
"I guess their parents."

I too wish I had one but that's nearly impossible currently. Transportation here is everywhere and cars are unneeded. And there's just too much maintenance and payments involved for now. But I hope very soon I will get to rent a car and drive places.

I imagined myself in a convertible cruising around Oahu, Hawaii, on my way to Haleiwa. Shades on, I feel the breeze hitting against my skin and smell the soothing scent of the sapphire blue ocean while looking out at the pleasing, postcard-like scenery. I'd take a gander at the Chinaman's Hat Island, and take a rest somewhere. I would lean against the convertible and chug down a beer, looking down watching the waves.

Damn, how much I want a car.


No comments: