tkd

tkd
1Q84 World. 5/2015

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Violin, two years later.

A sudden thought came to me after listening to hours of Beatles songs.

Maybe I actually should start to break out my violin again and start playing.

My mom and I were having a discussion during dinner about what I was going to do this summer. We both kind of already knew that finding a job at this point was nearly impossible. But we both agreed that I needed to learn something this summer, whether it be brushing up on my Japanese by searching up classes or anything really. And that's when I thought I should start to play the violin again. I mean, I played for the entire four years of high school, and it seemed like a waste to just end there.

I think my unconscious is also encouraging me to play. Both of the stories I've written somehow involve violins among other instruments in the strings family.

I was the second violinist for most of my high school's orchestra, and it seemed like quitting was the worst thing I could do. And it's so nice to be able to play an instrument.

So it's about time that I bring out the violin that is hidden in my closet and produce the sound from scratch. It's the best time to do that anyways.


No comments: