tkd

tkd
1Q84 World. 5/2015

Thursday, July 3, 2014

We got out of the station and it was pouring rain with lightning on the side. We both got wet immediately. The back of my shirt was soaked and our shoes were drenched with water. Surprisingly a couple of people were still playing soccer at the field. A roar of thunder vibrated the sky. Pedestrians were running and searching for the nearest shelter with a roof or canopy. There was no hint of the sun. It's one of those summer nights.

"I didn't know it was going to rain," she said, grasping the umbrella.
"I heard rumors," I said. "But never knew that it was going to be this severe."

I held on to her arm as we resumed speed-walking to the ramen joint for dinner. Meanwhile we avoided an obstacle including puddles and even a flattened dead bird on the road.

Now let's switch gears here as I will give a Yelp-like review.

The ramen was alright, mediocre. A decent amount of noodles, soup alright. Atmosphere nothing special yet noticeable with its traditional Japanese interior decoration. The clientele were mostly American dudes who seemed to be fond of Japanese anime. Not a spec of Japanese customers or workers. The waitress was Chinese with a nice sense of humor. She placed the check in front of me instead of the center of the table with a little smile and some Chinese that I didn't comprehend but was able to guess somehow: that I had to pay the check. There was nothing especially terrible about this place. I guess it would be a three star out of five.

Then B took me to a dessert place, and I had a mix of lychee, mango, kiwi, and an unknown fruit from Thai that I never had before.

Overall it was a gucci day with BB as always. There is always that time where I don't wanna say bye to her when I'm at her door.

So I waited for her while she was struggling to open the front door with her new keys. It takes a while, she said. Then she finally opened it and before I knew it she closed the door. haha.



No comments: