tkd

tkd
1Q84 World. 5/2015

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Back to that Monday vibe. The weather was a chilly one but overall acceptable. 55 degrees, about. This was the perfect hoodie weather. If only it was like this throughout the entire school year. 

As usual I took the shuttle to campus and ate at the nearest dining hall. Rice with some strange tomato sauce. And a bowl of cantaloupes. 

I attended my two classes. In the hallway I stumbled upon the girl I had liked. A couple weeks back I found out she had a boyfriend so I had to give up all my hopes. But we met eyes for point one second. She walked past me with the subtlest smile, seeming to appreciate my presence. But what the hell was I expecting. 

Right then I thought of a good idea for a novel, or some light novel-- An introverted male and female college student don't realize that they like each other because they are both too shy to talk to each other. Eventually the girl finds another man somewhere and the boy never finds out until he sees them walking together holding hands. The boy lights a cigarette and stares at the crescent moon. The moral of the story? Act quickly. 

My friend and I was waiting for another friend to finish a test. Out the door came her as we met eyes once again. She averted her glance and walked towards the exit, slowly, as if lost. As if she was discovering something. Or thinking about something. But what? Probably her test and how she did:

Hey I think I did pretty well but ugh I screwed up on the last part. Time just got me I feel like I was under pressure. And that kid who I met eyes with jesus he's adorable but why was he standing there? Maybe waiting for somebody? Maybe the professor? Ugh when can I start talking to him? Every time we have Japanese class I always see him. He's pretty cute. But there's just never a time we can ever talk. Our assigned seats resembles the distance from New York to L.A. But we gotta find a way to at least talk. Or else it's going to drive me insane. Wednesday? Okay, Wednesday. See what this kid is all about. Find out about him. Get to know him more, like a mini rendezvous. Maybe some coffee would be nice, at the campus center? Somewhere? But yeah, how do I tell him I already have a boyfriend? Ugh, what if I start to like this kid more? How's that going to work?! The struggle. 


After I had lunch with friends. I made myself some salad and drenched it with caesar dressing. Along with that a slice of pizza and some rice with pork, again. We were mainly discussing about the party during the weekend and how I was angry about a girl who kept clinging on to me. 

"Dude, she's been following you for two years," one of them said. "Why don't you just give that bitch a chance and date her?"

I was at a loss for words. "Hell to the no. I don't give a flying fck about her. Rejection is rejection. Nothing else. Nada."

At that point it seemed as if everything I didn't want came easily and everything I wanted didn't. 

I wrote a paper that took about three hours to complete and ate a light dinner with a taekwondo friend and his roommate. The dining hall had little to no food available. There was an empty row of trays. All that was left was cereal and ground beef and salad. I grabbed all three and ate some ice cream after. The campus late-night dinner was miserable. My friend showed me a K-Tigers video and suggested to mimik them. And that gave me an idea. 

No comments: