tkd

tkd
1Q84 World. 5/2015

Saturday, October 25, 2014

Went to the orthopedist this morning. I had to wake up my suitemate or else he would've totally forgotten about it. 

It was a ten minute, rainy drive from campus. 

As soon as I walked in there were patients limping their way through the hall. Some had missing limbs, and some were on crutches. 

During my appointment I was given a brace to protect my hand. I was told to not practice taekwondo for at least 8 weeks. It was the first time I felt shocked and it was at that point where I kind of empathized with athletes on the D.L. You really wanted to continue but you couldn't. Everywhere else in your body was in good condition except that one area. It's frustrating. 

Eventually my suitemate had a class so he had to head back. Eventually I had to resort to take the taxi. There went my 18$. 

Criminology is a bitter annoyance. At first it was my minor, but now that I've changed it, the class doesn't count for anything at all. One assignment asked for a criminal justice observation. Police ride-alongs was my best bet so I called up a few departments not really expecting any good results. 

All declined, saying that they couldn't schedule one in the time I requested. 

"You're just going to have to commit a crime," one officer said on the phone. "Then you'd be in a squad car with handcuffs."

This is due Tuesday. At this point, with very limited time, I ought to interview an officer. 



After class I hung out with friends at the mall. One of them shopped for some clothes, and the other shopped for some snacks for his girlfriend. Meanwhile I bought some toothpaste. 

Not being able to use my left hand is better than not being able to use my right, as I am a righty. Though of course there are some things that do become a nuisance when you can't use both hands such as typing, cutting food, washing my hands, and putting and taking off clothes. I'm allowed to take the brace off when I shower, but that's about it. 


No comments: