tkd

tkd
1Q84 World. 5/2015

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Based on how people view my writing, it seems like I write in a form of a puzzle. My writing contains random references that readers would need to read again in order to understand fully. I guess that's just how my mind works. While writing I'd have some idea that I could link with what I'm writing about and usually that idea is random, like, say, a line from a movie.

Anyway, a little update on what I've been up to for the weekend.

Saw Annabelle at the mall with some friends. There were some scary parts here and there but overall when we exited the theater we all admitted that it was a pretty unsatisfactory movie.

On Saturday around noon I went to taekwondo with my roommate who taught the class, which consisted of about five, all girls. One complained that she had shin splints and a cold, and another wanted sunny-side up eggs. The first hour we jogged around the newly constructed outdoor track, something I haven't done yet. Briefly it reminded me of junior year in high school when I did winter track indoors. All I could vividly recall was that the coach was strict and it was cold. Once we had to run across the G.W. Bridge back and forth.

It felt good running in the university track field. I never felt so alive when I sprinted. I needed the workout anyway.

In the evening the suite went to Friday's for Endless Appetizers-- that is, where the restaurant offers customers endless appetizers on their menu for only 10$.

Unusual how they had gyoza as one of their appetizers. Americans called them potstickers. Chinese called them dumplings, and Japanese called them gyoza. I was used to eating these gyoza with ramen so my taste buds at one point seemed to get confused when I ate them with chicken.

Came back at the dorm and read. Another day passed.


No comments: