tkd

tkd
1Q84 World. 5/2015

Thursday, June 12, 2014

It was my first driving lesson since the summer of last year but I still managed to maneuver the car decently. The instructor was able to park by my neighborhood because I was his last lesson of the day. The roads weren't crowded and it was nice. Managed to drive 30mph by the river. While driving I really really wanted a car.
"Got any pets?" the instructor asked.
I shook my head. "Nope."
"Just got a puppy," he said, smiling. "Just can't take how much he poops."
I laughed.


Then the hours ticked away and the next day came.

The sun was shining, the time of June to hit the beach and get a tan, play some frisbee and volleyball, and splash around the water. It was the season for peonies to bloom, students to graduate, the subway to reek of sweat.

School shootings were increasing across the nation. News that hits us in unbelievable shock.


I am urging B to buy herself a pair of sneakers. It's an essential item that she needs in her wardrobe. It's comfortable for you feet for everyday wear and good for running. You can't beat that.

But I gotta say those Adidas shoes looked mad nice on B.

"I think we're both trying to change each other's clothing style," she said.

And yeah, I guess that was so. She was trying to make me wear more street wear while I tried to make her wear more sporty outfits. Sooner or later I have to take her to a Modell's.

I originally thought that we'd have a date together but instead we ended up with her friends.

I huddled with the group in a random street in South Houston, as they were discussing about what to do tomorrow for their friend's birthday and how to sneak in alcohol and when to bring the cake to a karaoke place. It was the first time I met her guy friends, who both had on shades as if they were Men in Black. Another one glared at me with a disgusted look on his face. I thought all along that it's nice for B to have a network of close friends to hang out with. It's something that I didn't want to think about but just happened to. It's almost something I envy because they always seem to have so much fun. Because they grew up together they know the same ideas and share the same past times. It's a close-knit circle.

The following day we met up and had our time together. I got out my Xootr that I haven't rode for years and dusted it off. We cruised through the river, the same location where I had my driving lesson. A form of relaxation that you can't quite get anywhere else.

"This is what I wanted. Just to ride a bicycle or anything and feel the wind."

How we grow up greatly shapes the way we lead our lives, as well as where we grow up. Thus we all share different pasttimes and hobbies. I want to introduce B to activities that she has never done before in her life, to give her the best possible. Because I'm not just her friend, I'm her boyfriend.
















No comments: