tkd

tkd
1Q84 World. 5/2015

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

I got up around 11 from the garbage truck crushing trash. A loud, monotonous murmur. I washed my face, dressed up in a flannel shirt and navy chinos, sprayed a dash of cologne, and walked towards the dining hall. Rice with fish. Nothing was appealing so far. All that was on my mind was a girl I couldn't help but think about. That one girl and nobody else. How great would it be if it was just me and her. Instantly a huge air of euphoria seeped inside me.

I went to my first class, staring into space. During this class I was always thinking about my next class right after: Japanese. The class where my stress level went down, the class that's laid back, and most importantly, the class where the girl was. 

Today the professor decided to re-arrange our seats. Immediately I thought this was a chance, if I was lucky, to sit by her. And of course I was put the farthest from her. Literally from one end of the room the other. I was put so far in the corner with three other students that we were like outcasts, like moons away from the planet. Not that we were troublemakers. It was all so randomly arranged. It wasn't alphabetical. If that was the case she and I would be relatively seated more close to each other. 

After class nothing happened. I walked out with two friends who were in the class. Coincidentally she and another friend of hers were walking ahead. She looked back once after my friend called my name, but I was looking downwards so I couldn't tell who or where she glanced at. 

Why was this so difficult.

I took a nap when I got back on campus and woke up from Sharon, a friend. She threw a mini chocolate bar on my bed. 

"Say, hey, thanks," I said, half conscious. 
"No problem," she said. "Sleeping?"
"Yup. Taking a power nap."
"It's okay I slept around 4 yesterday and got up at 7 to take an organic chemistry test. Then I got a paper to write."
"Guh."
She lifted the piece of paper that was covering the hole my roommate made on the wall the other day. 
"Did you guys really?" she asked. 
"Yup," I said. "Welcome to the suite."

No comments: