tkd

tkd
1Q84 World. 5/2015

Monday, September 1, 2014

Went out for a jog alone a lap around campus. It was a scorching hot 88 degree afternoon. It was so hot and humid that I had to take multiple breaks. In total, I'm guessing, it took me about an hour. Originally I was supposed to jog with a friend but he couldn't wake up on time. 

At the same time I kind of knew that something like that would happen. 

My skin was sun-kissed and sweaty by the time I got to the dining hall to get some food. Scrambled eggs, tater tots, and ham. 

I walked back to my dorm, showered, brushed my teeth, did the laundry, and ate a late lunch with a friend. 

"Taekwondo is tomorrow," he said.
"It is," I said. 

I thought about the club last year. Then I thought about how many members we lost, how many we're going to gain, and the sense of getting back to that training life. In fact many of my friends and people I know quit. 

One girl told me last year that she was going to definitely start coming to taekwondo, giving me a high-five approval. 

"I want to make friends and get to know people more," she told me, crying. It was the first time I ever saw her cry. 

And it was at that time where I suggested to her to join the club. 

If she doesn't come tomorrow, then I don't know if I can trust anybody. 

Promises and plans are very important, especially towards friends. If you break them or change them, then it really hits the person who planned it hard. At least say beforehand you can't do it. It's a huge problem I've been experiencing lately. I'm trying to help others succeed but they just don't seem to care. If you can't jog then don't say you could. Don't agree. If you can't hang out then don't say you could later. Just say it. 

Don't break plans. Remind me beforehand. It's one of the biggest pet-peeves I have. That's all I ask. 

No comments: